DJI Phantom 2 Vision Released
DJI Innovations released the much awaited Phantom 2 Vision quadcopter yesterday! It is now available for order and the retail price is $1,199. We’ll be posting complete details on the device shortly, but here’s a few excerpts from their site:
- Camera remote-control by DJI VISION App
- Range Extender increases Wi-Fi distance to 300m
- Anti-vibration camera platform with single axis stabilization
- Virtual Radar aircraft locator on mobile device
- Range of camera tilt options
- Multiple, continuous and timed capture options
- HD Video Recording (1080/p30 or 1080/60i)
Aside from the integrated video camera, one of the things that stands out the most to me is the extended battery life - DJI claims the Phantom 2 Vision can fly for up to 25 minutes, and it utilizes a hot-swappable 5,200 mAh Lipo battery to achieve this. That is great news for any quadcopter fliers, and especially for folks that want to use it for videography purposes - less downtime and more filming!
DJI released a promo video with a brief explanation of its features and specs to go along with the release:
They also released a promo video focused on its social integration - lots of emphasis on real-time or near real-time sharing of photos and videos:
Let us know what you think! Will this become the go-to quadcopter for aerial videography? Or is this more of a mass-market consumer fun device, like a high end Parrot AR.Drone? Will you be buying a DJI Phantom Vision 2 quadcopter or will you wait for the actual Phantom 2 and use your own video capture device?